4.29.2017

What to put in your journal...

What shall I write about today? That is the eternal question a Journal Keeper has when they open their journal to write...

I almost always start by recording the events in my day. If it's in the morning, I write about the day before. If it's at night I write about that day's happenings. I usually just make a list of the things that happened. It primes the pump and I like looking back on my daily parade of events and how it's changed over the years. Some year, if I have Alzheimers, I will reread it like a really good story book...Maybe.

Sometime during the writing, or after the writing of my list of things though, I ponder and reflect on different aspects of my day. I don't just make a list - I embellish the list with:




  • observations about my day or the people in my day
  • insights about what I read or studied
  • memories that I've been reminded about as I saw things that reminded me of yesteryear
  • impressions of people, places, things I saw
  • feelings about events and interactions
  • plans to remember for down the road
  • analysis of why things went the way they did
  • dreams of how my life could be better and how I will try to make it so...
  • hopes for the future
  • failures - "what the heck?" moments!
  • successes - "WOW - that was God!" moments
  • happy, funny times - like the time when Hudson said... or when Lyla did...
  • and sad times - including tears - there are more tear stained pages than I would like to recall...
I pick one or two off the above list.... I don't write for 3 hours a day LOL. Capture your most important ponderings...

Journaling is more than a "bed-to-bed" list. It's alive with all my further thoughts on the day and reactions to events I want to remember...

What do YOU think???


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...