12.26.2016

Goal Setting in your Journal

Every year at this time, I spend my down week between Christmas and New Year's using my journal to review my past year and set new goals for the upcoming year. This year is no exception!

Here are a couple of the tools I use to do my reviews and to set my sails for the New Year. I don't make resolutions... I set Goals. Then I make action plans to work towards them bit by bit through my year.

One of the best tools I have found for my business goals is Lisa Jacob's Your Best Year Ever 2017 workbook.

http://www.marketyourcreativity.com/2016/09/best-year-2017-expect/

I love the no-nonsense planning advice Lisa gives. She helps you focus first on your sucesses and roadblocks from the past year. There is room to analyse what went well, to look hard at your roadblocks and how they happened and then to make plans for the upcoming year. Knowing why things happened the way they did helps you try to avoid making the same mistakes in your planning the next year. I've found it very helpful to follow her blog through the end of the old year and into the new. She is really transparent about her own goal setting and weaknesses which I find strangely comforting - like I'm not the only one who struggles with procrastination and biting off more than I could possibly chew.

have a look, follow her blog and you will get a good idea if this tool is for you.

One of the best tools for my personal life - setting reasonable goals is Lara Casey's Power Sheets. Again, Lara is the most transparent as she writes and shows examples of her own personal goals for the upcoming year. She has coined the term Progress not Perfection as she thinks through all the areas of her life weekly to decide what needs Tending to each week. Progress is made in small achievable weekly steps that bring you closer to living an Intentional life that meshes with your unique life goals. I think what I enjoyed best was the extra help that you get from her blog posts and giveaway freebies during the year. They help keep you on track as you think your way through your year. I add these to my journaling all the time! Lots of questions to think through to figure out what you really desire to see happening in your life.
Check out Powersheets  http://laracasey.com/  #2017Powersheets

Happy Planning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...