12.28.2016

Should I start a new journal??



A common question at this time of year is..."Should I start a new journal for the New Year?"
What if my previous journal isn't full? Is it OK to leave blank pages...

Of course, this is something you have to decide for yourself! But here are my thoughts. Make a Pros and a Cons list...

FOR a New Journal
1. A new journal gives you a fresh new start
2. It will be fun shopping for something new
3. The pages will be white and clean and crisp and never before written upon - just like my New Year will be.
4. I'd like to turn over a new leaf and this will enable me to start something new - leaving the Old behind
5. New goals - new year!
6. I'd like to switch to a new system

Use up the Old
1. Filling the pages of your previous journal will give you a sense of accomplishment
2. Using up the old will be less expensive - I'm frugal like that!
3. There are a LOT of pages still left unwritten
.
4. I like my present journaling book
5. I can make it fresh by changing pens, using colour, adding to my style of journaling.

Whichever way you decide, you can make some changes!

In your old journal, draw a title page for your new year using coloured markers. Or print out some photos, make a card stock insert (coloured) to mark the new section in your book. Add stick on tabs to mark the beginning of 2017 in a way that stands out.

Changing to a new system
I presently write in some nice bound journals but I might like to change to an Arc binder system or three ringed binder system so I can add things or change my pages around at will.

Whichever way you decide, you can make some changes that will bring back fresh motivation, energy and joy to your journaling time.

Keep writing
Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...