5.04.2017

Intensify your pleasure in life's journey...


Journaling gives you the opportunity to experience a moment more than once. The first time in real time and the second time on the page.

What's so cool about keeping a journal is that you get to enjoy the moment as you live it. If it's a great moment, you will enjoy it again as you write all the details, and capture the dialogue, all the things that led up to the moment you SO enjoyed.



I find this when I write about babysitting my grandkids. They say and do the funniest, cutest and most spectacular things! Like the visit last week with my grandson. He came up to me and gave me a big hug and said "I missed you Grandma!" Ah, the words a Grandma lives for! I rubbed the top of his brush cut head and told him "I missed you more! You guys have been sick - are you feeling better? He said yes...and my grandaughter was right there so I included her and asked " Did you lose those loose teeth yet?"  Nope but I have more than one that's wiggly now - and I got a demonstration....

Yep - living it all over again - a little slower as I write it - and I get to enjoy the moment AND hold onto it for as long as the writing lasts on the page.

"The faintest ink lasts longer than the memory"

When I plan an event and write about all the things that actually worked out!! Surprise! I feel a greater sense of accomplishment and appreciation for all the parts that worked together.

I will remember these things much longer because I noticed the moment and wrote the words down. And when I read it again down the road, it will bring back that memory just as if it were yesterday. Because you know, as you get older, that memory will not fade away...

Focus on the good things in life.
Appreciate the little things in life
Cherish the people in your life.

What about YOU?  What are you going to write about today?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...